What Makes for a Great Custom Security System?
Trust Our Experts to Protect Your Home
One of the biggest trends in home technology has been the rise of DIY security products. While these may be an excellent introduction to the world of home security, they will never offer the same level of coverage of a custom security system. In this blog, we highlight the ways that your Long Island, NY home is safer by working with a professional like Lowitt Alarms.
Install Comprehensive Security Features
Once many homeowners realize how difficult these ‘easy' DIY installations are, they give up before they even start building out their security system. Often they'll end up with just one inferior component—camera, locks, etc.—instead of creating a comprehensive solution. Our fully insured and trained staff can build a UL approved custom security system that includes any or all of the features listed below:
- Burglary Prevention
- Smoke Detectors and Fire Alarms
- Flood Detection
- Carbon Monoxide Detection
Upgrade to Remote Access
Another way a custom security system stands out from a DIY installation is the ability to manage everything remotely from one mobile app. With the Total Connect app, you can open or lock your doors and arm your system remotely. One of the coolest aspects is that you can create personalized alerts according to your priorities. Below are some popular ones among our clients:
- Receive an alert if your system is unarmed
- Receive an alert when your kids make it home
- Receive an alert if vulnerable objects are moved
- Receive an alert if your safe, liquor cabinet or gun closet are opened
Receive Ongoing Security Monitoring
With a DIY installation, you're responsible for your security. With Lowitt Alarms, you can rely on certified professionals to watch over your home. We run the largest central monitoring station on Long Island to keep an eye over your property 24/7; as a local company familiar with the area we can respond more efficiently in case of an emergency.
We are 5-Diamond Certified station which means we stand by the following five points of excellence:
- Commitment to regular inspections and meeting criteria standards set by The Monitoring Association, a non-profit trade association that represents professional monitoring companies listed under a TMA-approved Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory like FM Approvals or
- Commitment to a high-level of customer service.
- Commitment to ongoing education and testing.
- Commitment to raising industry standards
- Commitment to reducing false dispatches.
Have Easy Access to Maintenance
The final step to a successful security system is the right support. As with any technology installation, maintenance is needed, and it's especially important with something so central to your wellbeing. This is why we offer service plans, so you don't have to worry about your system breaking down in the future. Our plans include the following features:
- Reliable response times
- Parts and labor coverage
- Annual maintenance tune-up
- Signal testing from our central station
We also make it more difficult for third parties to interfere with your security system through smash-and-grab protection. If DIY cameras are smashed or otherwise compromised, there’ll be no notification. If someone tries to smash and destroy a Lowitt keypad, an alarm signal is instantly triggered and sent automatically.