In the event of a home fire, smoke detectors quickly identify high levels of smoke or heat and sound a siren for timely evacuation. The detectors communicate 24/7 with our award winning monitoring center, but do not require your system to be armed in order to operate. When a fire is detected, the we promptly dispatch local emergency response to keep your family and pets safe and minimize property damage.
- Each year fire departments respond to approximately 377,000 home fires, which claim the lives of 2,565 people and injure another 13,050 1
- On average, someone dies in a fire every 3 hours and is injured every 31 minutes 1
- Most victims of fires die from smoke or toxic gases and not from burns 1
- Approximately 4 out of 10 fire deaths occur in homes without smoke alarms 1
- Fire continues to be a leading cause of fatal home injury in the United States